Posted on 16 February 2013.
Enclosed are summaries taken from the job descriptions of Recruiter positions recently posted by the NFL San Francisco 49ers and Adidas subsidiary, REEBOK.
We believe that Sports Industry career seekers should be aware of the hiring criteria for these positions. This could provide some insight as to how Recruiters / Hiring Managers screen candidates, the platforms they use for recruiting efforts, company diversity initiatives, screening processes, industry relationships, etc……..
NOTE: The REEBOK position requires a familiarity with the LinkedIn platform
RECRUITER Job Description: Reebok
Develop effective sourcing systems and strategies to identify key talent in accordance with Reebok hiring needs.
Responsible for developing and executing a strategy to ensure constant flow of high quality candidate leads
and names into assigned key pipelines.
Serve at the lead Recruiter for Reebok internship and co-op positions and manage all university relationships.
Serve as key team member for staffing initiatives including: on-boarding program, employer branding and diversity
Design and implement effective administrative systems for resume management and flow to ensure legal compliance
and efficient and effective candidate pipeline development.
Source, screen and interview candidates in response to current openings and to build relationships with the
direct lines of business.
Develop and deliver training tools for line managers and Human Resources personnel which ensure high quality and
lawful interviewing and selection practices.
Develop a strategy for building relationships with a diverse pool of passive candidates to ensure a strong
pipeline for future Reebok positions.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
3-5 years of experience in full-cycle recruiting required.
Previous experience recruiting for apparel/footwear designers at all levels and experience recruiting across
various marketing functions is a plus.
Experience recruiting for positions globally preferred.
Strong internet and direct sourcing experience preferred.
Excellent interviewing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Previous experience conducting competency based interviewing preferred.
Experience producing a strong pipeline of qualified candidates at all experience levels.
Previous database management or resume tracking experience required.
Previous experience with LinkedIn Recruiter is preferred.
Head of Human Resources Job Description: San Francisco 49ers
The purpose of the Head of Human Resources is to direct all of the people functions of the organization in a manner that enhances our ability to meet our strategic objectives and makes this a great place to work.. This position is a hands-on administrator and advisor who will also be responsible for (i) organizing and staffing the HR department, (ii) remaining up to date with policies, best practices and trends as well as evaluating and, where necessary to improve the organization, revamping existing policies and practices, (iii) engaging in strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the optimal structure for current and anticipated operations and the right people for each position, and (iv) guiding the company in the best use of its talent, including through an effective review and training program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create, develop, organize, implement, direct, supervise and evaluate the organization’s human resource function and performance for a dynamic organization.
• Improve productivity by enhancing systems, policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters and by making the organization a great place to work.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues. Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
• Provide technical advice and training to others within the human resources discipline.
• Evaluate personnel needs across the organization, taking into account anticipated business growth, and develop, and build consensus on, strategy for optimal personnel organization
• Direct recruiting efforts for the business organization including advertising, screening, interviewing, conducting background checks including references, and drafting offer letters.
• Create, plan, and implement training and mentoring programs to educate staff and identify appropriate mentors to help grow talent.
• Enhance and/or develop and implement appropriate policies and programs for effective management of employee relations, sexual harassment, employee complaints, workers compensation claims, external education and career development. .
• Assist with the implementation of HRIS. Manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
• Develop and manage progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees. Guide company through the various stages of the health care reform act.
• Enhance and direct the performance evaluation process along with the review, preparation and administration of wage and salary programs.
• Oversee and manage the new hire orientation, on-boarding and termination process.
• Assure timely and efficient handling of HR paperwork, including workers’ compensation and benefits matters
• Manage the budget and other financial measures of HR.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keep finance and legal informed and up to date by communicating regularly.
• Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
• Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Experience, Competencies and Education
An experienced leader in human resources is:
• A role model, leading by example, and maintaining a positive, open and friendly and respectful attitude, with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Someone with excellent judgment, who listens well, implements effective, efficient solutions to problems and naturally earns the respect necessary to implement changes to better the institution
• A strategic thinker who will develop creative ways to use the Human Resources function to improve the organization and to meet the organization’s strategic goals, as they may change over time
• A person with ability and know-how to build an HR department and the technical skills and analytical ability to be a hands-on administrator.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
• An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute.
Bachelor’s degree with a SPHR certification or ten to fifteen years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively respond to sensitive inquiries and complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.