Posted on 10 July 2013.
The new Fox Sports 1 Network is set to go live on August 1, 2013. Billed as a viable competitor to ESPN, Fox Sports 1 will probably grow and expand quickly, which means the addition of new employment opportunities.
Fox Sports (News Corporation) currently uses the TALEO Applicant Tracking System software platform to screen all candidate submissions, which includes analyzing the pre-screening question responses attached to each position. Fox Sports, similar to other Sports Industry employers, receive an average of 100 applications per job opening.
This type of competition (# of applicant submissions) often causes a level of distress to those seeking employment opportunities within the Sports Industry, those who find a difficult time in at a minimum securing an interview.
In order to assist these candidates, we invited the Vice President of Sales for TALEO to present and conduct a workshop at the upcoming SPORTS CAREER CONFERENCE (Registration: http://sportscareerconference.eventbrite.com)
The following topics will be covered during the Conference, followed by Q&A:
- A typical sports employment application + how it looks to a Recruiter using Taleo
- Résumé parsing and Keyword searching
- Conceptual Search Technology – where the system looks for related terms
- Screening Questions, and how they are used for candidate ranking
- ACE Candidates – TALEO term for “flagged” candidates, those who meet all job requirements
- The importance of meeting the job description criteria
This Conference will be a tremendous benefit to current students. Use the information gathered from the Conference and Workshop to help assist you when applying for Sports Industry INTERNSHIP opportunities this fall (2013).