Website BLEACHER REPORT
We are seeking a Video Editor for one of Turner Broadcasting’s leading digital businesses, Bleacher Report. Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans. Attracting millions of sports fans every month with its fun, comprehensive, and entertaining team-based content, B/R is one of the fastest-growing sports sites, competing with the likes of ESPN and Yahoo! Sports. Since being acquired by Turner Sports in August 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant start-up culture This position offers: – A location with a laid back environment – A reporting structure that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks – A wide degree of value added thinking and latitude – Mobility within the company to grow and develop your career. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (with divisions, including CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, etc.) is a creative, entrepreneurial news and entertainment company. People are drawn to Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. because it is an exciting, enlightened, socially responsible company with which to build a career.
• With direction from senior team members, the Video Editor works with existing interview and other video footage to craft stories in both short and long form pieces.
• As an editor, you will be responsible for multiple short-form (2-4 minute) content pieces daily, as well as additional segments due on a more flexible calendar. You will need to maintain, and expand the visual tone of the site, while remaining within the brand parameters.
• Will pull graphics and soundbites from existing video footage based on direction of the piece.
• May cut in relevant b-roll footage to keep the piece engaging.
• The production schedule is a news-channel pattern, such that our output follows certain tent-pole deadlines, as well as occasional immediate output should a breaking story warrant.
At least 3 years experience in editing required. Extensive knowledge and understanding of Adobe Premiere and other software used by Bleacher Report is required. Ability to consistently deliver high caliber edits and communicate quickly in a deadline-driven newsroom environment. 2+ years experience editing with a sports media company (or other news-driven environment) preferred. Experience with advanced graphics and editing techniques (motion graphics, animation, etc.) desired. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Additionally, the editor position requires advanced technical abilities (multiple ingestion sources, compression specs, various video formats, file conversion codecs, etc).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.jobscore.com/jobs2/bleacherreport/video-editor/a_sgmQGLKr5AvvdG1ZS6tF?ref=rss&sid=68 →